There’s no time to waste on Culture Night!
Explore the city from top to tail with complimentary buses, kindly provided by our transport partner, Dublin Bus.
Visit as many destinations as possible, and don’t be surprised if you get wrapped up in live music, spoken word poetry, and other performances en route! FREE buses will be departing every 20 minutes from bus stops along two new routes.
Last bus will be leaving the starting point of each route at 10:40pm.
Bus Routes 1 & 2 in operation from 6pm–11pm (departing every 20 mins, last bus leaving 10.40pm to be at outermost venue for pick up at 11pm).
Bus Route 1 will feature the following artists:
- Leigh Michael
Spoken word / Irish rap
Native to Bray Co. Wicklow, Leigh Michael is a diverse rapper and producer who practices a wide variety of styles and collaborates with different producers.
- Chamber Orchestra Musicians
Members of the Chamber Orchestra will be performing classical hits.
- Geoff the Poet
Poetry / Spoken Word
Poet, Painter, Playwright, Performer. Writer in Residence for DCC 2018. Part of Dublin’s Culture Connects on the Local Heroes project.
- Regina George
Ireland’s#1 Dancing Queen, DJ, Host, Supermodel, makeup Artist & 1/4 of Dragged Up
- Kevin Rooney
Trad / Pop / Contemporary fusion
Dublin based trad, pop and contemporary fusion musician.
- Dan Wheatley
Jazz rock musician
Bus Route 2 will feature the following artists:
- Nial Murray
Lead singer, songwriter and guitarist for Handsome Handsome and The Bastard Sons of Great
- Emmet O’Brien
Urban Poet/Spoken word artist from Cabra
- Ceol Cos-Fiachra trad
Trad musicians – Concertina/fiddle
Classic trad music from two fine musicians
- Rachel Alley
Laugh-a-minute spontaneous jollies
- Lisa Gorry
Acoustic Singer Songwriter
Hyper-sentimental lyrics and emotive performance style, reminiscent of an early Damien Rice
- Daniel Breslin
Spoken word poetry about Dublin and its people
Bus Éireann’s free Culture Night services in Cork City will depart every 20 minutes from the Culture Stops at City Hall from 7pm until 10pm.
There are three routes serving the venues.
Bus Stop: City Hall, Eglington St to Blackrock Castle
Route: City Hall > Victoria Rd. > Centre Park Road > Blackrock Castle > Centre Park Road > Victoria Rd. > City Hall
Bus Stop: City Hall, Terence McSweeney Quay to Collins Barracks
Route: City Hall > Lavitts Quay > Shandon > Blackpool > Collins Barracks > Summerhill North > City Hall
Bus Stop: City Hall, Anglesea St to Wilton Road (for CUH)
Route: City Hall > St. Finbarre’s Cathedral > Western Rd. > County Hall > Wilton Roundabout > County Hall > Old Cork Waterworks > Sunday’s Well > City Hall
Enjoy entertainment as you travel, with short musical performances from local artists. There will also be live performances at Cork Bus Station.
• As part of Culture Night in Dublin, there will be aerial performances at Central Plaza, running from approximately 8:30 pm until 11pm on Friday the 20th of September 2019.
• Security and Event Staff will be on location during all periods of activity.
• To facilitate the event, road closures will be in place. However, the event staff will endeavour to work to provide vehicular access for as long as possible.
• Road closures will take place from 7pm – 11pm throughout the Dame Street and College Green area. This area will become pedestrianised during this time.
Road Closures can be seen on the map included below. Road Closures will be as follows:
• Dame Street, George’s Street junction, to College Green
• No Vehicle Access to Anglesea Street from Dame Street
• No Vehicle Access from Fownes Street Upper to Dame Street
• No Vehicle Access to Foster Place South
• No Vehicle Access to Cope Street
• No Vehicle Access to Dame Street from College Green
• No Vehicle Access from Church Lane to Dame Street
• No Vehicle Access to Trinity Street from Dame Street
• No Vehicle Access to St. Andrew’s Street from Dame Street
Access to Temple Bar will be maintained via D’Olier Street, Westmoreland Street, Fleet Street and Aston Quay.