Culture Night, under the stewardship of the Arts Council (the “Council”) is committed to protecting the privacy of users of this website and the related Culture Night newsletter, website and our social media platforms.
- The Arts Council (the “Council”) is committed to protecting the privacy of users of this website and the related Arts Council newsletter, website and our social media platforms We are aware that as a user of this website you care about the security and privacy of your information.
- In order to use this site effectively and receive our email newsletter, you will be asked for information when you register with us. We will require, amongst other things your name, email address and country of residence.
- No information provided will be divulged to any other third party save pursuant to clause 4 hereof, unless we receive your prior authorisation and/or we are required to do so by law.
- We will take reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give us. Agents or contractors of the Council who have access to information you give us in the course of providing services to us are required to keep that information confidential and are not permitted to use it for any purpose other than to carry out the services which they are performing for us.
- The IP address of the users webserver
- The top level domain name used (for example .ie, .com, .net, .biz)
- The previous website address from which the user reached us, including any search criteria used.
- Click screen data which shows the traffic of users around this website (for example pages accessed and documents downloaded).
- The type of web browser used by the website user.
- The Council does track the pages browsed by you on the website. This is to enable the Council to better determine the needs of the users of the website. It is the policy of the Council never to disclose such technical information in respect of individual website visitors to any third party. This technical information will only be used by the Council for statistical and other administrative purposes.
- You accept that any information or message you send to the site may be intercepted or read by others. You hereby acknowledge and accept that we have no responsibility and shall accept no liability whatsoever for loss, injury or damage occasioned by the interception by third parties of your transmissions, or the disclosure of information, nor do we offer any guarantees, warranties or indemnities as to the security or otherwise of any information which you give us.
- The website contains links to other sites not controlled or operated by the Council. The Council is not responsible for the privacy policies of websites that it does not control or operate.
- If you have given us information about yourself and would like copies of that information, or you would like us to correct any factual inaccuracies in that information, or if you would like that information deleted from our records, then please contact the editor. We will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete information about you on our files. We are entitled to charge you a fee for supplying you with copies of information which we hold.
- No automated decision making is used by the Arts Council