The Freemasons’ Hall

The Freemasons' Hall

The Freemasons’ Hall on 27 Tuckey Street has been the home of Freemasonry in Cork since 1844. This is an end of terrace seven bay, four storey building with a slate pitched roof. It is believed that the ground and first floors of this building were constructed in c1770 and the top floor was under construction during 1924-1925 and opened in January 1926.

From the outside this building may seem unassuming, but behind the walls lies an interior of vast beauty and history. Downstairs there are display cabinets containing historic items relating to important events in the life of the Masonic Order including old Masonic aprons, levels and badges from the eighteenth century.

Upstairs the Lodge Room contains stalls and panelling which are over 300 years old having come from the former St Fin Barre’s Cathedral. The banners on the walls are the coats of arms of some of the highest ranking members in the Free Masons, those over the stalls belong to present members and those higher up towards the ceiling belonged to members now departed.

Genres: History
Address: 27 Tuckey Street, Centre, Cork, Ireland
Phone: 0214274095
Locations: Cork City
Event Start Time (pm)
5 pm
Event End Time (pm)
9 pm
No Booking Required