RTÉ is marking Culture Night by returning to Clarke Square at the National Museum of Ireland Collins Barracks for a free open-air concert that’s not to be missed. Culture Night with RTÉ will transform Clarke Square as RTÉ presents an evening of free live family entertainment from 7.30pm – 10pm, featuring an exciting mix of live music, spoken word, dance and performances from both established and emerging Irish artists, and special guests, in the company of the RTÉ Concert Orchestra.
• The RTÉ Concert Orchestra will perform from 7.30pm, starting with a mix of popular classics. They will be joined by special guests from 8pm.
• A show-opener not to be missed as singers, dancers and choirs perform a Beatles/ Queen Medley • Live performance from RTÉ Choice Music Prize nominee, Jafaris
• A spoken word and orchestral performance of What A Wonderful World
• Live performance by the Kilfenora Céilí Band, with dancers
• Óró sé do bheatha ‘bhaile performed by Irish vocalists, Síle Denvir, Pauline Scanlon, Sibéal Ní Chasaide and Nicola Joyce
• Live performances from leading Irish female voices, opera singer, Celine Byrne, followed by musician, Wallis Bird
• Aslan join the RTÉ Concert Orchestra to bring the house down
TUNE IN ON RTÉ
Arena on RTÉ Radio 1 will report on Culture Night highlights from around the country from 7pm-8pm. The concert will be broadcast live on RTÉ Radio 1 from 8pm-10pm and streamed live on rte.ie/culture | The Lyric Concert will be broadcast on RTÉ lyric fm at 7.30pm
Presented by RTÉ in partnership with the Department of Culture, Heritage and the Gaeltacht, Dublin City Council, The Arts Council & The National Museum of Ireland.
* The National Museum of Ireland – Decorative Arts & History will remain open from 5pm until late (closure time to be confirmed). Visit museum.ie for further details.
Time: 7.30pm - 10pm
Genres: Dance / Live Radio / Music / Spoken Word
Features: Family friendly / Wheelchair accessible
Address: Collins Barracks, Benburb St, D7, D07 XKV4
Phone: 01 677 7444
No Booking Required