Clondalkin Library will host a talk on the Tower Cinema which was open in Clondalkin Village located in the outer west Dublin district of Clondalkin in The Square on Main Street. The Irish Omnibus Co. garage was converted into the Tower Cinema by architects Laurence Ging and Thomas Ging. It opened on 9th April 1939 with Lionel Atwell in “Mystery of the Wax Museum”. It initially had 350 seats, and was later expanded to 480 seats, the Tower Cinema was closed on 14th May 1977 with “Shout at the Devil” and was converted into several retail spaces. Patrick Ging will give a presentation on the night for all to enjoy. Please bring along any old photos on the night to share and reminisce.