SONIA’S TREES (2018-2021) PUBLICATION LAUNCH by visual poet artist Letizia Lopreiato, live on her IGTV channel @letizia_lety_lopreiato, in celebration of Culture Night Dublin 2021, Friday September 2021 at 6.30 pm BST time.
The artist’s new visual poetry project and its publication, come as a result of three years of creative work, and it launched as part of Photoireland Festival 2021 Open Program following this year’s theme “Food”, with 106 attendees to her launch talk on-line on July 22nd.
The project has been designed by the artist as a multi-location off-line and on-line art based awareness campaign on the topic of eco-sustainability, running from July to September 2021. It saw a solo show at Gallery of Modern Art Waterford Gardens, thanks to the kind support of the Waterford Arts Council, City and County Offices, on August 7th to August 11th. The event was part of Letizia Lopreiato’s residency at GOMA during the month of August 2021.
Sonia’s Trees visual poetry solo exhibition and art-based awareness campaign is a mobile show moving from location to location. The artist’s project in its event format, as well as all in the media and materials used for it, represent Letizia’s support environmental ARTIVISM.
Her ART ACTION through this project is designed to share its message with as many people as possible.
THE ARTIST’S AIM WITH THIS PROJECT:
It is the one to reach out to and above all to engage with, the widest possible audience, both in and out the art sector. Letizia Lopreiato’s artivism promotes the cause of reforestation of Ireland thanks to its native trees and seeds in society, by involving not only art galleries within the photography and visual arts industry, but also shops, cafes, bookshops and even music venues, between the counties of Dublin and Waterford in Ireland.
Sonia’s Trees main purpose: the one of connecting Ireland’s urban communities with its eco-sustainability cause, whilst this visual art project works as a platform to ignite a conversation on the topics of:
– The City-Country duality in Ireland, and its connection with eco-sustainability.
– The politics of food in the country, and Ireland’s reforestation vision and mission using its native seeds and trees.
– The environmental psychology based approach, which has been informing the artist’s research during the creation of this project. The focus of Letizia’s investigation opens from an intimate and documentaristic account of her friend’s life events, and it is centered in the Environmental psychology concept of place identity. The artist’s intention through the Photo-seeds art packs give away in different parts of Dublin, expands in the exploration of the connection between the individual and the collective consciousness, and it wants to spark people’s reflection when it comes to consider the relationship between humans and their environment, both at a psychological and at a physical level.
Free Photo-seeds artpacks handcrafted by the artist every day, have been given away as core call to action of this awareness campaign, which has been been running since August in different locations across Dublin, will continue throughout the month of September too, in the below Dublin shops, which are amongst the kind patrons to Letizia Lopreiato’s artivism campaign:
Please see below a list of the shops which with their amazing communities have been selected by Letizia as locations for the “Sonia’s Trees” project’s native seeds’ artpacks give away action:
– Johngunncamera on Richmond Street
– Simonsplacecafe on George Street Arcade
– Wallandkeoghtea on Richmond Street
– Alanhannasbookshop on Rathmines Street Lower
Sonia’s Trees art-based campaign will be running until September 25th, with the next event of this project, and its last secret location, to be revealed on Culture Night during Letizia Lopreiato’s IGTV Live via her IG account – CLICK EVENT LOCATION HERE BELOW TO JOIN THE IGTV LIVE AT 6.30 PM AND HAPPY CULTURE NIGHT TO ALL!