Culture Night Late
The aim of this open call for submissions is to fund a number of flagship Culture Night Late events, to take place in urban towns and cities with a population size of over 15,000.
This initiative, funded by the Arts Council and managed by Milestone Inventive the national Culture Night Coordinators, has been created in response to the changing needs of the Arts Sector and in line with the government’s commitments outlined in the Report of the Late Night Economy Taskforce (september 2021). This initiative seeks to build upon the success of the 2021 Culture Night Pilot late night events and recognises the distinctive need to develop and diversify the artistic and cultural offerings of the Night-time economy.
Applicants can apply for funding between €15,000 and €20,000 for a flagship event and the award will be no more than 60% of the total event cost. Matched funding may come from a number of resources – a local authority, arts or community organisation and no more than 10% of that funding should be support in kind.
WHO CAN APPLY?
WHAT CAN BE APPLIED FOR?
Late night cultural events that:
- Are ambitious in scale – cater for an audience of more than 500
- Are designed to take place between 9pm and midnight, indoors or outdoors
- Are open and free to the public
- Have core considerations around equality, diversity and inclusion
- Aim to specifically target the 18-35 age demographic (but not necessarily exclusively) and/or where young people within this age demographic are engaged in the programming and design of the event.
- Involve and even spatial distribution of projects, reflecting the nationwide nature of Culture Night.