Culture Night Late 2024 - Funding
Funding is available from the Arts Council for the production of Culture Night Late events. This Arts Council award is offered in partnership with the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media under the Night Time Economy Taskforce. The award seeks to offer audiences a greater diversity in their Culture Night experience late into the night, and to encourage more-inclusive and innovative late-night arts events suitable for a range of audience types into the future.
|17:30, Thursday 07 March 2024
|Artform and practice(s)
|Arts Centres, Festivals, Local Place and Public Art
|Group, Organisation, Local authority, ,
|Collaborative application possible?
|Local Arts and Strategic Development Assistant
Deadline is 5.30pm, Thursday, 7th March 2024
Culture Night Late is designed to support events that will begin after 9pm and continue late into the night on Culture Night, Friday 20 September 2024.
The award is open to Local Authority Arts Offices (including Ealaín na Gaeltachta), Arts Festivals, Arts Centres, Production Companies and Arts Organisations only to create a Culture Night Late event in a public space or place. The maximum you can apply for is €12,500.
The scheme is rooted in the policies set out in the Arts Council’s ten-year strategy (2016–25), Making Great Art Work: Leading the Development of the Arts in Ireland (see here: http://www.artscouncil.ie/arts-council-strategy/) and in the Department of Tourism, Culture, Arts, Gaeltacht, Sport and Media Report of the Night-Time Economy Taskforce (see here: https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/c1ba7-report-of-the-night-time-economy-taskforce/).
The award will support:
- Local Authority/Arts Office identified and led flagship events with an audience capacity of over 500 people with one or more Arts Centre/Arts Organisation/Arts Festival and/or curators
- Arts Centre/Arts Organisation/Production Company /Arts Festival-led late-night flagship events with an audience capacity of over 500 people in partnership with the respective local authority arts office and other arts partners
How Do I apply For this?
- Download the application form available on https://www.artscouncil.ie/Funds/Culture-Night-Late/ or below
- Application is through the Arts Council’s online services website – You will be able to upload a wide range of support materials in electronic format along with your application form.
- You must be registered with the Arts Council’s online services website to apply. If you are not already registered you can register here for online services. (It can take up to 5 days for your online services registration to be processed so register as far in advance of the deadline as possible)
- Download and read the Arts Council guidelines here
- Check what mandatory supporting material your application may need here
Frequently asked questions about making an online application
A step-by-step video guide on how to download, complete and upload an application form for funding.
A listing of funding-related tweets